Friday, July 18, 2008

"I will gather you...I will bring you home..."




Hard to stay strong - hard to wait - hard to be patient....when it seems like all you have done for 3 years is continue to strive for patience (and it ain't my virtue!) I just get plain mad. But then, that does me no good...and I just get upset over something completely out of our control. My heart just aches though - when I think that this little man could have...should have...been home at Christmas...last year!


But then...I realize that our little A is home....and settled...and the timing will be perfect...to bring her brother home...so I need to quit being angry...and just be OK.


Little A is amazing. E is amazing. S is amazing. And our little man A is amazing - and I CANNOT WAIT TO MEET HIM! I bought him shoes (size 7) and yummy delicious hair stuff today! We are ready.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are so sweet!! Soon and very soon little man will be here. We are all waiting with you and praying for you!!!

Love & Prayers,
Sam

Katy said...

I continue to pray for your sweet little man to join your family..Soon Lord, Soon..

EAC said...

Momma,

No need to be angry anymore. And you really don't even need to keep praying for patience, because the next few weeks are going to fly by! I would instead pray for the following 1)Please Lord, stop me from vomiting or peeing my pants on the long, rocky, scary, hot plane, 2) Por favor Dios, please give my biceps enough strength to hold a large Haitian child (and probably a plump Asian baby as well) 24 hours a day for the next month, 3) Father, please help my Haitian son learn how to ride a bike better than my oldest daughter, because she sucks. 4) My God, please help my husband refrain from stopping at Target every single day for new toys. My living room looks like McDonald's PlayPlace. 5) Lord please continue to magically guard the A's heads from the ceiling fan, as S forgets how outrageously tall he is when throwing them around. And finally, 6)Our God, please remind my wonderful husband to tell me how GREAT of a wife and mother I am, because I really like it when he does that.

Anyways, these are just some ideas. The rest is going to go smooth from here on out... okay maybe not smooth, but it's going to happen because He wants it to. A will be home soon, and you will not have to pray ANY LONGER for patience. :)

Love you.

Annie said...

Dear Momma Ayden,
I was a volunteer at COTP this summer, as well as back in 2006. I love your blog and I love your little boy...Ayden is SUCH a sweetheart and he's so GOOD...he always wants to do the right thing, and he smiles all the time! Here's praying the passport is issued soon and that you'll be in Haiti to gather him into your arms sooner than you expect.
Love,
Annie Lillard