Friday, April 29, 2011

Vacation days

 Alpine Lodge - Branson Missouri...our destination that only took 5 hours and 5 potty stops to get to!
Are we going to Branson's house?  All 3 of them were quite confused....and kept asking that over and over.
It was a very nice cabin that could have slept 12....with a full kitchen and living room.  And a great view of a very flooded lake. 
Our first destination - SILVER DOLLAR CITY!
Ayden was sad we had just missed riding to the park in a huge bus. 
 Instead we were stuck on an ordinary tram.
Which was just fine cause it was a gorgeous day! 
I think this smile tells it all. 


The train ride!
The first go round Ava and I missed because I had to take a conference call and she had to go to the bathroom....but the story is that Alec (who was over the top excited about this train ride) fell asleep and Ayden got completely caught off guard by the "gunshot" during the train robbery! 
But the second time around - everyone was prepared and excited!!
(I know this is not a great picture - but I love Alec in Ava's sunglasses upside down
 and the total look of anticipation on Ayden's face.)  So fun. 
Flowers were beginning to bloom...gorgeous! 
This roller coaster ride....Ayden got in the front car by himself...
not having a clue about what was about to transpire....we barely saw his head the whole ride! 
Daddy was such a good sport and rode almost every kid ride in the park! 
Now this time we got some smiles! 
OMG.  Is this the funniest thing ever...?
 
Alec did not want to ride anything but the train and the carousel -
 but he was all about finding where we were on the map. 
And the final ride!!!  ALL SMILES!

Only one scary moment all day - Ava did get lost in Geyser Gulch..
and was a bit traumatized when Daddy finally found her. 
 Through her tears she told him she was very scared and she didn't even have a whistle!!! 
They traveled pretty well considering....and if they got irritating - we separated them!  Hehehe! 
We made a couple stops on the way home. 
The first stop was at an RV place where we toured some gorgeous campers. 
(I always knew I liked the way Airstreams looked -
 and they are so cool inside...but my gosh they are crazy expensive...)
Then next stop - Bennett Springs. 
We hiked around and checked it out. 
Flooding like crazy here too - so our hiking was a bit limited. 
Home sweet home by 8:30 - and I believe everyone is now fast asleep in their own beds.
It was a great "vacation days".

1 comment:

EAC said...

Love love love it! I hadn't noticed the ride with Ayden's head down. So funny!