Monday, November 7, 2011

sunday night spotlight...late and/or missing

I work daily to try to be punctual...get stuff done in a timely fashion...prioritize...and just get through the day without missing something important.  And when that important something is totally and completely missed...it really kinda sets the mood to match this damp, grey November day we had today.  Darn it anyway...we missed The California Community Band's concert of LION KING on Sunday and I didn't even realize it until I read my Uncle Ron's blog!  We have been singing those songs for months now in anticipation of sitting in the beautiful Finke Theater and listening to some of our favorite music.  And we totally missed it.  We did feed 50 hungry adults and kids breakfast(Disciple Now!), go to church, go to choir practice, visit grandparents and listen to part of a mission trip presentation...but in the midst of it all...we missed the concert.   

I've really gotten behind on blogging too - I haven't even posted pictures of my three hoodlums on Halloween!  Goodness sake!
Here we have "mean guy", "bee" and "spiderman"!


And here we have our beautiful "queen of hearts"  (love this costume that Ali's grandmother made for her when she was little!)
We have almost finished our floor...trim is being air hammered right now downstairs as I type this...and it looks amazing. We hope that as we put the house back together and simplify - we can be even a tad bit more organized. A girl can hope. 
 Saturday was gorgeous - so my helpers cleared off leaves from the patio...
Erin and Aaron cooked an amazing Thanksgiving dinner for his family this weekend!
It was fun helping them via phone calls...and photo updates.
Looking forward to being up there in a couple weeks so they can do it all over again for our clan! 






No comments: