Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Spotlight - Games for Grubbs

 I want to say
just how very proud
I am
of all my kids
especially today.
Erin and Aaron coordinated a HUGE event this afternoon...
Games for Grubbs.
A fundraiser for a young KCPD family.
A young mom...
with breast cancer.
Sam and Karyn were indispensable..
helping all weekend.
Sam manned the "duck pond"
Karyn - the raffle tickets..
which brought in just shy of
$5000.
Erin turned into event planner extraordinare..
and made her momma very proud indeed.

Ayden, Alec and I roadtripped to KC
to paint faces...
and have some fun.
It was such a success.
Makes me tear up as I reflect on it to be honest.
I'm just very proud....
and glad our children
can help each other...
help other people
and teach us all a lesson
in being a servant.


Ava and Daddy stayed home
to celebrate our wonderful pastor's
15 year anniversary
with First Baptist Church.
Such a special man..
and family...
who is not just our pastor
but our friend.
The boys and I got back just in time for the best part...
the slide show and the gifts.
What an amazing 15 years it has been.

Going to bed tonite...
exhausted...
but feeling very, very
blessed.


No comments: