Ava G
(which seems to be her nickname now and then)
- has been my daughter...
since the moment I saw her darling face.
But today marks our 5th official gotcha forever day.
And our beautiful Ava Grace Jinah is not a baby anymore.
She is strong.
And loving.
And nurturing.
And a beautiful gift from God.
Her recent grade card from Kindergarten...
reassured me that even though I feel like I fail miserably most days
in the "mother" department...
that this little princess
is well adjusted and happy.
SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL SKILLS
Accepts redirection from adults - Excellent
Exhibits self-control - Excellent
Uses courteous and respectful language with others - Excellent
Interacts appropriately with other students - Excellent
A momma love, love, loves to see Excellent on any category -
but especially when it is linked to "social/emotional".
I cannot even explain how it feels to get a hug
from this beautiful little person.
She makes us smile every single day..
with her quirky little sense of humor...
and her fabulous infectious laughter.
I have reminisced all day about how shy and scared she was on this day 5 years ago.
But how quickly she relaxed and accepted my love...
our love.
(although she did not allow us to sleep for over a year!)
We love you Ava Grace Jinah!
Forever and ever.






No comments:
Post a Comment