What a great day we had!
Erin posted this wonderful update on FB last night...
and honestly - I can't say it better.
"Today was a very special day for my family. I posted about it this week - we raised money and walked for NF (neurofibromatosis) Awareness and Research.
But really, we walked for Ava and Alec, my little siblings who both have this disease.... My parents bare the brunt of it, as do the two littles. Trips to the NF clinic in St. Louis, MRI's (MULTIPLE), eye surgeries, tummy pain, and scary potential side effects are the realities of right now. We just watch and wait and hope that these two remain mostly unaffected, unlike some other sweet unlucky babies we saw today.
I have watched them since they were teeny (Ava was actually pretty fat)... We spent a long time waiting for these little people, a long time traveling across the world to get them, and a long time bringing them home. My parents are exhausted most of the time with three crazy AMAZING kiddos running around their very happy, loving home. The BLT ranch is complete because of the three A's, and I am so so thankful to have gotten (and continue to be) a part of their lives (and you too Mr. Ayden).
Today was awesome.
But really, we walked for Ava and Alec, my little siblings who both have this disease.... My parents bare the brunt of it, as do the two littles. Trips to the NF clinic in St. Louis, MRI's (MULTIPLE), eye surgeries, tummy pain, and scary potential side effects are the realities of right now. We just watch and wait and hope that these two remain mostly unaffected, unlike some other sweet unlucky babies we saw today.
I have watched them since they were teeny (Ava was actually pretty fat)... We spent a long time waiting for these little people, a long time traveling across the world to get them, and a long time bringing them home. My parents are exhausted most of the time with three crazy AMAZING kiddos running around their very happy, loving home. The BLT ranch is complete because of the three A's, and I am so so thankful to have gotten (and continue to be) a part of their lives (and you too Mr. Ayden).
Today was awesome.
My family is full of love and PLENTY of life.
We continue to pray for Ava and Alec
and all those affected by NF. We are blessed.
I am thankful."
Except that I cannot express my love and pride
that our family is so supportive
and in this together.
Loving, accepting, embracing
challenging and supporting each other along the way.
I am a proud momma.
I gotta say - I think our team bling was
THE BOMB!
And I think these pictures really give
you a pretty good flavor of the fun we had.
I will tell you that Miss Rae...
was the only kid...
who decided to get in the
duck pond.
LOL!
Thanks again to all who supported us this year
and in years past.
We look forward to the day
that we can tell you
they found a cure.
And every single one of you
is part of that cure.
Hugs from the BLT and C!













No comments:
Post a Comment