Sunday, May 4, 2014

PROUD

 I knew I would have some catching up to do on here..
but I am a bit overwhelmed by how much time has passed.
And how much has transpired in the brief window of time.
 We have officially started the baseball season.
Ayden is on a traveling team this year...
  is truly talented...
and enjoying every moment.
Alec and Ava soon start league ball -
 and are very excited...
and nervous
 about running a lot.  LOL.
Both boys attended a baseball camp two weekends ago...
and had a marvelous time.
 Ayden began his season with a double header
in Taos - with a home run and numerous base hits...
and 2 wins!
 Ava, Grandpa Gary, Grandma Pat and I road tripped to KC 
to attend the culmination of an insane amount of 
determination, starvation, tenacity,
and sheer willpower...
as illustrated in the photos to follow.
 This girl decided to get her muscle on.
 And indeed she did.

 We had a super fun time...
shopping our way to Erin's competition.
(man I'm gonna miss that one big tooth!)
 Hanging out with very special people.
And witnessing our Erin 
carry herself like a Greek goddess.
(I'm thinking this will not be
 the only competition we will be attending!)
So proud of this woman.
It was also amazing to see her support system 
gather together 
and give her the loudest cheering section in the auditorium!
(Way to go Aaron!!!!)
 Another crazy exciting event that transpired in the past two weeks...
is the new home purchase...
for these two!
So wonderful to watch these two
 (and of course Korb and Hank)
continuing on their journey of life
together as a family.
So proud of you guys!
 And...
in the middle of all of this...
my very brave husband...
went through a major surgery...
like it was NOTHING.
I am SO proud of his positive attitude..
his fortitude and his 
willingness to follow directions :)
Hopeful each day brings him strength...
and that he can manage just "hanging out"
for the next few weeks.
Keeping him "down" could be the hard part!

We are all extremely relieved to have this in our past.
Extremely happy to know for SURE 
he is cancer free.

We are SO very grateful for the 
prayers and love 
from our family and friends.
So grateful.
And these three...
well I have to tell you 
they were wonderful.
They managed this past week like the troopers they are...
and made me SO proud to be their mama!
(hat day - my favorite)

And last but not least...
Happy Birthday to Aunt Barb!!!
We love you so much
and are so proud of your strength and courage..
and sense of humor even in the midst of your pain.
We know every day is SO hard.
We all miss our Jeffrey and Shirley so much.
But I can tell you...
they are super proud of us ALL right now.




And so I call this post 
PROUD.
Cause that is what I am. 
Proud and blessed.



No comments: