Hello family! We've decided that a few perspectives on this thing will be fun, especially for you grandparents who are probably checking this fairly frequently (even though I know you have very busy schedules. You're probably exercising right now, and I KNOW you're not sleeping.)... :)
I can't believe we're actually going to meet our little Love Boat this morning! We've been up since about 4:30 a.m., playing on the computer, nervously eating lots and lots of snacks, giving each other TONS of trouble, and basically just wasting time until we meet miss A for the first time. We've had so many conversations over the past few years about her... wondering what she is going to look like, whether she's shy or CRAZY outgoing, if she'll let mom put bows in her hair and sunglasses on her face. We've said so many times, "I hope she just makes it home for Christmas." We've said that a few years in a row... and each year, we've just celebrated without her, clinging to the same hope... "Next year."
Well guess what, it's next year. We're here. It's March, only a few days after her first birthday. We're sitting in the Korean Guest House, arguing over what we're going to wear (Sam claims he HAS to wear his skull shirt, even though Mom has asked him 1,000 times to look nice)... whose turn it is to use the computer... who brushed their teeth with the tap water (Mom told me to act like I'm in Mexico, so I did. I always brushed my teeth with tap water in Mexico, but apparently that's not what I'm supposed to do.... SO, if there are no more posts from me, it's because I'm ill from toothbrush water.)... and who ate the chocolate that was supposed to be a gift (No one has done that yet, but the Dark Chocolate Dove looks very tempting)... Basically, we're just frantic, excited, scared, and READY to meet the newest member of the BLT Ranch. :)
So... it's almost 9:00 and time to go wait for the social worker to bring us to A's foster home. Family, we love you so much and are thinking of you lots! We can FEEL the prayers coming from your direction, so THANK YOU.
LOVE,
E
No comments:
Post a Comment