Sunday, March 23, 2008

we are home......well sort of











Our flight from Seoul was LONG......but landed on time......we made it thru customs in record time.......but our flight to Atlanta had changed gates so we missed it by 5 minutes. so did 35 other people on international transfers. Nice huh? E got her exercise sprinting to the gates! So....since they could not promise us a flight until Monday - yep that is correct - Monday....we opted to rent a van....and arrived home this morning after driving all night (10 hours to be exact). Daddy and E and G are at the Kc airport right now getting our luggage....supposedly it made some flight......and turning in the rental. "A" slept all the way home.....so it ended up being a good option. it feels great to be home......but we wish we had had time to see more of beautiful Korea.

"A" is bonding beautifully. Thank you so much to our friends and family for understanding our need to be the only ones that hold her these first couple weeks. I swear it will be worth it and she will adjust so much better to this enormous disruption in her life if we can do this.

we will be posting some gorgeous pictures the kids took as we adjust back to the time schedule here. "A" is actually sitting on my lap while I type which is huge since I have had to stand to hold her for the past three days.....torture!!
talk to you soon! K







5 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so glad you are home...I have been trying to post to you but I haven't been able to get them to post.

The pics and videos you have shared are wonderful... Thanks for sharing with us all! Ava is so precious...I hope you had a great experience with this journey.

I am thinking of you and if you need anything we are all a phone call away.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

She is just aboustly adorable!! I am glad that you arrived home safe even if it was in a different way than planned. We sure can't wait to meet her!!

Barb said...

Welcome home!!! Now get some rest!!!
Luv, Barb

Katy said...

Look at all those hats...too precious! I'm glad you are home, safe and sound..Congratulations!! Kim, if you are so inclined, you'll have to check out the song, "Safe and Sound," by Matthew West. It is PERFECT for bringing a little one home FOREVER! (and if this is the song you used for the video, sorry- I haven't been able to watch it yet on my work computer...:)

Kristi Thacker said...

I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE MISS A UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ALREADY. THE PICTURES DONT EVEN DO HER JUSTICE. HER EYES ARE SO BRIGHT AND INQUISITIVE.SP? SHE JUST ABSORBS EVERYTHING GOING ON AROUND HER. WHAT AN AMAZING PROCESS FOR EVERYONE TO GO THROUGH TO BRING HOME AN ADOPTED CHILD.