But who gave me two magnificent gifts....two of my sweet children. My heart has been heavy today...thinking about what she is missing. And what I have gained in her loss. I know she must grieve for them....no matter how hard she tries to move on...and I know she did what she deemed best for them by allowing us to adopt them. But Lord - she has to be just agonized on days like today.
My baby's birthday....her baby's birthday.
Most nights I rush around just trying to manage through the trials that a working mom faces..a little more work, dishes, laundry, potty training, supper (or dishes depending if Shannon cooked!), baths, hugs and kisses, timeouts, laughter, puzzles, messy messy rooms...the list goes on and on...so I will admit....not alot of time for deep thought. But tonight I found myself just staring at my gorgeous children...and saying a silent "thank you" and a silent prayer for a young girl who cared enough about their future to allow us to make them ours.
Happy Birthday our sweet Alec James Jeesuk. You are indeed a gift with your hilarous sense of humor, your easy, infectious laugh, your happy demeanor, your stubborn pout, your ability to stay focused (forever and ever),your fabulous kisses and hugs, and your amazing jumping ability!
We love you dearly.
1 comment:
Great thoughts Kim, My parents who are also adoption advocates have always told me that if you feel God calling you to adopt then God always intended for those children to be yours they are just waiting for you to get them!
Post a Comment