Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Birthday!

I have loved my 47th birthday.  Much as I have been disillussioned by the issue of my age...much as I have mourned the loss of my youth...much as I have complained about the aches and pains...and extra pounds....I have completely enjoyed my day.  Gifts of fingernail polish (see the white gorgeous nails on the giver?), earrings that needed my hair pulled back all day to show off (strict instructions from the giver) and a wonderful police car (that disappeared immediately after the tissue paper was out of the bag!).  A yummy red velvet cake and fun pumpkin centerpiece from my momma and dad (and breakfast at IHOP!).  Christmas ornaments with EVERYONE'S name on them from my dear friend.  A gorgeous THYROID CANCER SUCKS bracelet from my radioactive sister. (ah yes - the radioactivity happened today at 12:30 PM - the patient is seriously exhausted and feels terrible - but we are on the right track and she is gonna be OK!)  A new computer big enough to hold the monstrous quantity of pictures I take each month from my amazing husband. 
(I love you Shannon Bryant.)

41+ happy birthday wishes on facebook. Lunch at one of my favorite restaurants (complete with Fried Green Peppers) and a wine tasting party this afternoon at probably one of the most beautiful, amazingly gorgeous homes I have ever seen....with friends...old and new.  Phone calls and emails, cards in the mail...such nice surprises....

A good day....

47 isn't so bad after all.

and tomorrow....
the new Surburban that can seat 9 people. 
My birthday gift to myself.
(Just hope I can park it.)

No comments: