
Yep - it is true!
We have a VISA and the "boys" will be flying to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday - to catch the Lynx Airline direct to Cap-Haitien bright and early Monday morning arriving at 8:30 AM! They will be flying home with their precious little son & brother on Wednesday the 24th - arriving in KC at 11:10 PM. The flight on Lynx should be amazing - it is a 16 passenger plane so the view of the Caribbean should be spectacular
That small plane makes me very nervous to even think about it - so that is part of the reason I am staying home. Another huge part of that reason is that little A just needs her momma....I do not want to break her confidence in me by leaving her for 4 days. We have worked very hard at her attachment....but 6 months is still just not enough time for true security to be created. I will shed some tears while my boys are gone - but in my heart I know this will be an amazing time for all of them...and the right decision has been made. We have had so many different "plans" during this wait for travel - each month we waited the plan had to change....but now the waiting is OVER and the final plan is made. Wow - we are still in shock.
I will post more as the weekend arrives.....!!
11 comments:
Congrats!!! So, they did the Visa appointment and got the Visa the same day? We have our birth parent interview tomorrow and I believe all that we have left is the Visa after that!!! I will be praying for safe travels for your family!
Sarah-adopting Landie from COTP
Wow, wow, wow!! I know you wish you could be there, but you are making the right decision to stay with little A..she needs you and I don't think it is a good idea for her to travel to Haiti..praying them safely home to your arms!
YES! YES! YES! I'll be SO GLAD to add a name to the BOTTOM of the prayer list finally!!! LOL! Praying for safe travels for your two (and then three!) boys!
CONGRATULATIONS KIM AND FAMILY!!!!
dawn:)
I am so thrilled that you finally got his Visa!!! It is so exciting to think that little man will be home in a week!!!! We are praying for safe travel and that he adjusts well to his new life. And praying the little miss adjusts to have another toddler in the house. They will have so much fun together!!
Praise the Lord,
Sam
Congratulations! I've been folowing your journey through Erin while she was my student at Jewell, and now through your web-site. I'm excited that your family is almost complete. I'll keep you in my prayers as your "boys" travel.
Debbie Chasteen
I am over the moon for you and your family!!! We will pray for a safe and smooth journey to bring your little man home. Cannot wait to see those homecoming pictures :)
-Sarah C.
from the CCI board :)
Sara - VISA appointment was Monday - VISA printing yesterday and they were picking it up today (Wednesday). COTP assured us that we could schedule travel...
So exciting to see you getting so close as well! Congratulations!
yay! that's so exciting. i have been down to haiti 3 times and A is sooo much fun. i'm so excited for you guys. i'll be praying for your 'boys' as they travel!
We are so thrilled to learn that your family is about to be complete! What wonderful men you have in your life that are willing to do what it takes to bring your new little man home while making sure your little A is safe and secure. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
I AM BACK IN THE "ITS HARD TO BREATH OR THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE" PART OF AN ADOPTION STORY. YOU WORRY FOR THE TRAVELERS, FOR THE LITTLE ONES FEARS AND ANXIETY WHEN MEETING HIS NEW FAMILY. BUT YOU ALSO KNOW THAT ULTIMATELY THEY WILL GET BACK HOME. EVEN IF THEY HAVE TO RENT A CAR AND DRIVE FROM ATLANTA... I AM SHALLOWLY?BREATHING AND HAVE DECIDED TO MOW THE WHOLE 3 ACRES TODAY TO MAKE THE TIME PASS FASTER. LOVE YA AUNT KRISTI.
Kim and family, Brenda Silvers sent me your blog site, I am touched by your great love for God, your family and children of the world. I pray that your future with the children will be full of peace and love.
Beverly Shenold, Brenda Silvers mother.
Post a Comment